Caption

Discovering some of the best restaurants that Las Vegas has to offer.



Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Confession...

We went to Strip House Steak House...  Let's just say that it is aptly named.  Let me explain before you call my bishop.

We had seen a 24-layer chocolate cake from this restaurant featured on The Best Thing I Ever Ate.  I wanted to try it so bad.  So Lauren got on to the restaurant's website and discovered that the Strip House Steak House is decorated with many old school burlesque-style photos.  We decided that it was probably best that we didn't spend a whole meal in the restaurant.

For Lauren's birthday we went to the Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood and ended up buying her a super cute white Fossil watch.  Time rolled around for dessert and we considered going to see if we could get the colossal piece of chocolate cake to go.  Lauren went inside the restaurant and ordered from the bar (if you sit facing the bar, you face a wall of alcohol as opposed to the dining room full of nudies) and we got our chocolate cake.

Let me make a quick note here.  The restaurant was not decorated to be like a seducing, Hugh-Hefner style room.  I don't know Europe very well (never been there) but it seems like it is like European-we-could-go-to-the-grocery-store-naked sort of design.  Or to put it another way, it was almost like how society is okay (for the most part) with nudity in fine art, but not so much photographs... well here, they were photographs.

So anyways... we took our cake and enjoyed back in the safety of our house... with tall glasses of ice-cold milk.  The cake looks something like this:
It was pure, rich, chocolaty goodness.  It was interesting because usually a great cake has to be SUPER moist.  This one wasn't even THAT moist (it definitely wasn't dry either) but the fantastic chocolate flavor really made it a hit.  Seriously, I don't think it would be possible to eat it without the milk on the side, but with it... YUM.

This dessert is not cheap, but for a birthday celebration, it was right on target.

Mormons, get it at your own risk... But I am telling you that the to-go cake was money.

P.S.  Can I say that I am really disappointed that I can't eat at this place.  I have read excellent reviews from many people.  And I'd really like to try their beef jerky appetizer.  Drool...

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. and even better the next day!! most incredible leftovers ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true... We let it get closer to room temp the next day. Impatience won out the first night.

    ReplyDelete