Caption

Discovering some of the best restaurants that Las Vegas has to offer.



Thursday, April 21, 2011

BFG Chicken Strips

Before you read this, please know that I have never eaten at Cane's Chicken, so I am unable to make a comparison.  With that said...

Wow!  I really, really liked BFG: Baked Fried Grilled Chicken Strips.  The menu is not big or flashy, but the food really hit the spot today.

I ordered their current weekly special: the BiBimBap.  It looks something like this:
It was spicy and very flavorful.  The box read: "Stir it all up & eat!"  I am a good instruction follower, and my actions were rewarded.  The chicken was marinated in a Korean sauce, and the yolk from the egg really added some nice creaminess. 

This item is not on the menu, but two of my co-workers tried things that were and they both loved what they had.  Here is what you're gonna get at BFG:

-4 chicken strips baked, fried, or grilled, whatever you choose

-A side: baked mac and cheese (I have heard great things, but no one tried it today... darn), fries, or grilled veggies.

-A piece of garlic bread

-A fountain drink

-And most importantly: two dipping sauces.  More on that in a moment.

Best of all, you get all of that for $5.75.  Not bad if you ask me.


One of the ladies today ordered a salad with the fried strips.  She went crazy over it and the piece of chicken I tried was REALLY good--very juicy inside and super crunchy outside.

(This pic is straight from their website...I guess you can see here that the salad is combo #5)

The other lady had the baked strips with veggies on the side.  She was very pleased, but I didn't taste her chicken.  Both of them loved their piece of garlic bread.

The sauces.  Here are your choices: BFG sauce, BBQ, Ranch, Buffalo, Honey Mustard, Sweet Chili, Cheese, Teriyaki, or Wasabi Cream.  Both ladies got the wasabi cream and the ranch. OH, MY, GOSH.  Wasabi Cream... where have you been all of my life?  It was fantastic.  It had a little of the spicy wasabi kick, but was still plenty mild for those who don't go for spicy food.  So creamy and unique.  Yum. 


I didn't have a ton of the fried chicken strips, but I will say that the little that I had was enough to convince me that they were the best chicken strips I have ever had.  I mean it.

Listen, this was my first time trying this place, but I have a feeling I'll be back soon.  And the owner will probably remember my name... not cuz I am anything special, but because the owner is that kind of guy.  He called me out on it being my first time, and with others in line around me, he was practically calling out their order before they placed it.  Super nice guy.  I think guys like him work hard for and deserve my/our business.

Check out their website HERE for more info.  Or just drop by sometime.  They are located on Charleston and Rainbow, right next to Home Depot on the south side.

Go get some! 

1 comment:

  1. That's a block from my office! Thanks for the tip. I love the look of your lunch.

    ReplyDelete