Caption

Discovering some of the best restaurants that Las Vegas has to offer.



Monday, March 28, 2011

Metro Pizza

OK, OK... Many of you may already be well acquainted with Metro Pizza, but I had never tried it til this past weekend so LAY OFF!



I have to admit, I wasn't completely sold on going to this place.  I have created a list of places I want to try (it is organized by price range, genre, location, etc.... yeah, I take my food pretty seriously), and Metro was not on the list.  But we had an Entertainment Book coupon for the place and it was getting kinda late that I would have eaten anything; I WAS STARVING (picture explanation now complete, click here if you still don't get it).

I'll keep this short.  I loved the place.  I figured I would once the aroma of the baking breads and pizza filled my nostrils as I stepped into the restaurant.  Let's start with the bread basket: fresh, warm Italian bread that had a great crust with lots of sesame seeds on top and corn meal on the bottom.  The inside was nice and soft but still had great texture.  It was a great start to the feast.
Lauren and I were out with another couple and we decided to split an order of garlic knots between the four of us.  I think the picture says it all, and the taste backed it up.  One thing that I REALLY liked about these is that the tops of the knots were really well toasted, giving a nice texture addition when I expected fluffiness throughout.
Then on to the pizza.  First of all, let's talk size.  My wife and I split an "individual" pizza and we still took 1/3 of it home in a box.  We went with the Gotham pizza (pepperoni, sausage, peppers, mushrooms, and onions) on their Metro (thicker) crust.  The veggies were fresh, there was plenty of meat, and the crust was still crispy even though it was thick.  Very well done.  
This is the Gotham, but it's a large.  Not my pic.  Thanks Teri C. from Yelp

 So for my overall assessment: I would definitely recommend this place to grab some great pizza.  Sometimes the Review Journal's "Best of Las Vegas" is way off base, but I think they got this one right.  Oh, and if you have an Entertainment Book, you can walk away with a sweet steal.  The four of us bought two individual pizzas--enough pizza to leave you with leftovers plenty--and the garlic knots and spent $25 total, including tip.

The company was nice, too, by the way.

Check out the website and menu HERE.  Leave me a comment below with your experiences/recommendations.

Eat up!

3 comments:

  1. Always really liked Metro Pizza. Their meat lovers pizza kept us up thirsty all night. LOTS of nitrates. But in a good way...

    This is going to sound absurd, but they really know how to make a french fry at Metro Pizza.

    Good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny cuz when I saw that they had "Garlic Romano Fries" on their menu I came really close to ordering them, but didn't. I guess I'll just have to go back. Darn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you liked it. Yeah, the fries are really good too. We'll have to get them next time. :)

    ReplyDelete